Free Moversind is a student who organizes his studies abroad independently and outside the cooperation agreements of their home universities. It is possible to apply to any university in the world – but if you do, you will not enjoy the benefits of a cooperation agreement. In particular, tuition fees, which are waived when studying at a partner university, can often be very high for Free Movers depending on their destination. Students who are insured in Germany and wish to study in other European countries can apply for a European health insurance card from their health insurance fund. Please note that this insurance generally only covers absolute basic services. Additional services are often not included. We advise you to find out about the benefits covered and possibly take out additional insurance. To study outside the EU, you always need additional insurance. Some host universities require you to take out their own university insurance. In all cases, any health insurance previously held in Germany must be maintained during your stay abroad. In addition to compulsory health insurance, liability insurance and accident insurance with external coverage are recommended.

If you visit Professor Ewa Ostaszewska during the hours prior to your stay at the ECTS office, recognition will be greatly simplified. An apprenticeship agreement must be concluded prior to study abroad for the recognition of all grades. The apprenticeship agreement is signed by the student, the ECTS representative of the HWR berlin and, only for the Erasmus programme, by the coordinator of the partner university. You will also find detailed information on partner universities during HWR Berlin International Day. The International Day is a central activity of the International Office and takes place once a semester on the campus of Schonberg (Division 1) and on the Lichtenberg campus (Department 2 – 5). Guest students from partner universities present their home universities and countries. At the same time, many conferences on study opportunities are taking place in partner universities. The round of applications for study places abroad for the coming year of study begins on International Day. . In the Department of Legal Sciences, Professor Jan Eickelberg acknowledged the results achieved abroad. You should take the following steps to prepare for recognition: Telephone office schedules MO 14.00-16.00 Di 10.30-12.30 Mi 10.30-12.30 A visa is usually required for a semester of study outside the EU.

To apply for a visa, you need a valid passport and a letter of acceptance from the host university. The acceptance letter is usually sent directly to the International Office of the HWR Berlin. They`ll be notified when it happens. Don`t forget to apply for a passport, as it can take up to eight weeks to issue. Students who do not have German nationals should inquire about the visa requirement at the consulate of their host country. Students must sign a learning agreement with the coordinators of the ECTS department of their studies. The apprenticeship agreement defines courses that are recognized abroad.